Monday, January 24, 2011

Introducing my 1st cichlids for 2011 - Caquetaia Umbrifera

The blue freckle monster … my first cichlids for 2011, brought him home on the 18th Jan to be exact.
This guy is only an inch big as has the company of 2 emperor red hooks.


For now, he is just a cute innocent looking baby, minding his own business. The blue freckle monster, as the name suggest, can grow up to a length of 2 feet.
My current tank setup is a 2 x 1.5ft, may only be able to house him for a good 6 months. Interior decoration consists of a piece of 2x1 ft tile (for easy maintenance and water management), a piece of big driftwood with lots of willow moss tied to it. The little umbie seems to like it a lot, clowning all over it like a clownfish over an anemone.
PH is around 7 and temperature is about 28 degree Celsius.
I used an overhead filter and a LED lamp for viewing pleasure and the moss as well.
Here’s another shot of this boy with the filter pump on the background. Gives a little perspective of how ‘big’ the fellow is right now.



And the tank mates, the forever hungry - emperor red hooks. Always a great addition if you want to get all your fishes to take on a pellet based diet.

2 comments:

  1. I want to share with you all on how I got my loan from a very good and honest loan company registered in the USA, as I was applying as a start-up loan it took me several documents to meet up with their conditions but God Willing I got through and it was smooth to work with as an entrepreneur.
    Contact Whatsapp : +18632310632 / pedroloanss@gmail.com for all kinds of financial assistance such as loans and investment facility.

    ReplyDelete