Sunday, February 13, 2011

Platystacus Cotylephorus

Yes... this is not a cichlid, but I am gonna to put it here in my Blog as well.

It was a rare opportunity to own one of this here and I was not going to miss it. Much thanks to Daniel from Aquahobby, who hand carried them from Japan.

I was lucky to be the first to get my hand on them, managed to pick out a pair (hopefully it is a male/female pair). Date : 8th Feb 2011

Both cats currently measure at 8 inches. My initial worries about thier diet was unfound as they were simply crazy over the Hilkari Carnivore Pellets.

My first pick was male ( I think ), since it has a more extended dorsal ray compare the the rest of available cats. Plus base on textbook knowledge - males tends to exhibit more molted patterns. My other pick was a light brown gal....... hopefully

















Some close up shot of them with my Canon Ixus 300HS.


No comments:

Post a Comment